Saturday, May 12, 2018

The Color Run 5K

I don't do well with 5K runs. My first 5K was in 90 degree heat.
Today's Color Run 5K started with sprinkles, then down pours, then sprinkles and down pours again, ending with the sun shining 5 minutes after we completed the race.
The Color Run is an untimed event in which thousands of participants (and there were thousands there) are doused from head to toe in different colors at each kilometer. My first thought was being doused in liquid paint. I had no idea it was powdered dye. At the final station, the powder was so mixed with the rain, you were actually walking in goop.
One of the last stations was a "foam" station. You passed under a unicorn archway where foam was shooting out of machines. Add this to the powdered dye AND the rain and the fun never ended (she said sarcastically!)
Needless to say after all the obstacles, I finished. For being such a well-known event, they were extremely unorganized. But at least after this event, they did have water available in bottles and from the sky! I think I prefer walking around the neighborhood compared to organized events. I seem to have more luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment