Wednesday, May 23, 2018

James Taylor Concert

Cross off another item from my 2018 bucket list.
My cousin Gary and his wife Lee Ann are big concert goers. My thought was to attend at least 2 concerts this year. James Taylor has been one of my favorites since I was a teenager and his concert didn't disappoint. He sounds exactly like he did back in the 70's.
Gary, Lee Ann and I spent a bit too much time at Harrah's and didn't get to the Sprint Center until 10 minutes before the concert started. But what a great plan, mistake, whatever you want to call it. We walked right in the front door and to our seats - no lines, no waiting - just as the lights went down and James Taylor came on stage. The first part of the concert went rather slow, not a lot of his more famous songs. But let me tell you, the drama began about an hour into the show. (For the more squeamish, you may not want to read the rest!) The person sitting 2 seats down from me got ill - I mean throw up kind of ill. I feel sorry for the man sitting in front of her. The smell was about to kill me. Maintenance finally showed up and used this nauseating odor fresh that nearly gagged us to clean it up. There was no way possible to take a breath between the mixture of odor fresh and vomit. I was texting my friend Trish during this time and started my uncontrollable laughter - the kind where tears were streaming down my face. The lady in front of me was ready to call security on me and the lady behind me was wanting to know what I was on. For such a nasty experience, it was so funny. I blame Trish for the commotion.
The silver lining - the seats next to us were empty which gave us a lot more seating room. Those people never showed back up. Since Bonnie Raitt had to cancel (medical reasons), James Taylor did a performance, took a break and then a second half. Much better! All the songs I remembered. Add to that his back drop was a constant change of pictures and videos from the past. I highly recommend going to see James Taylor if you have the chance. Just don't text Trish while you're there. Take her with you instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment