Monday, May 7, 2018

House Painting and a Fairy Garden

Mark one more item off my bucket list of things to do in 2018. With the help of all my kids, I finally got my house painted.
We started off caulking every seam and nail hole we could find over the entire house. That took a day and a half.
Then Jamie and Michael used a sprayer to paint the majority of the house, cutting down the time to brush the spots the sprayer couldn't get. Melissa, Ashley and I painted the front porch, porch railing and trim we could reach. Going back with the same colors gets a little confusing at times but the end result was worth every back breaking moment.
And what's a new paint job without new lights and ceiling fan on my deck. Ashley and I installed the new light (easy stuff). Michael and Jamie had a little difficulty trying to install the new fan. After several attempts at rewiring, they finally realized they only needed to pull the cord.
Trying to do all this with kids gets a little chaotic. Violet's being silly here taking a break to play the Memory game with Lincoln and Melissa.
But Violet deserved the break after all the time we spent making a fairy garden. I've been collecting fairy garden items for the past month. Everyone seemed to think I had way too much stuff. But as it turns out, Violet and I had to make a list of things we still need to complete our fairy garden. 
I should be kind to myself and take a break before starting anything else. But there's flowers to plant and yard art to set out, plus I need to put my Fitbit back on and start walking again. For the the rest of today I think I'll watch Judge Judy and start again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment