Friday, August 9, 2024

New Floor

Last month we had a monsoon that lasted 2 days. Besides the enormous amount of rain and a small piece of something getting stuck in my sump pump, my basement flooded. I wasn't too concerned about the flooding because my basement is unfinished so I'm prepared for these "Acts of God". What I didn't take into consideration was the small landing area in front of the basement door. It was carpeted and got completely soaked.

In order to prevent future problems, Teresa and I decided to replace that area with vinyl planks. It took us about 4 hours to replace but it looks like that area was meant to look like that.

I still need to caulk around the perimeter but since I can't see it, I keep forgetting. I need to add that task to my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment