Saturday, March 30, 2019

Count On Me

There are 2 things I've done for both Violet and Lincoln and now for Hazel.
One is getting them their first Build a Bear. Since Build a Bear has a program for "Pay Your Age" when it's your birthday, I tried convincing the sales person that Hazel should get her bear for free. I even offered to pay $1.00 but I guess the rules say it has to be at least your first birthday.

The other thing is think of a song that reminds me of them when I hear the song. Violet's is Elton John's - "You'll Be Blessed". Lincoln's is "I'll Be There" by Michael Jackson. I chose "Count on Me" by Jefferson Starship for Hazel. These song titles tell the kids how much their Ma will be there if they need me. Maybe not now but when they get older it will mean something to them.
I may bring lots of presents and offer moral support but Trish stepped up and did more than I thought of. Not only did she bring presents for all three kids, but she brought them dinner AND dessert. I would have gladly stopped by Papa Johns for a pizza. I think there's been too much going on the past few days that my brain isn't quite working.

No comments:

Post a Comment