Monday, March 18, 2019

Violet Turns 6 Years Old!

What's on your mind when you turn 6 years old?
Unicorns and rainbows! Melissa always makes sure the kids have a big surprise to wake up to on special occasions and Violet's birthday was no exception.
I started my day with Violet at the bowling alley. Six kids and 3 adults makes for a rather unusual style of bowling. Thank goodness the bumper guards were up or Violet might have beat me at bowling.
After a quick lunch at McAlister's, Violet and I headed to Build A Bear so she could get her birthday bear for $6 (pay your age). After accessories it was much higher than that but you can't walk around with a naked bear and we couldn't forget Lincoln!
Then we went to JoAnn's for art supplies. A couple of the projects Violet picked out, I had to tell her no because I wasn't sure I'd be able to figure out how to do them. Besides the flower crowns and furry masks, she got jewelry box crystals, metallic markers and other jewelry making kits.
Then it was off to Ted's Mexican Cafe for Violet's birthday dinner.
Melissa decided after the age of 5 she was going to quit getting the age shirt. But I couldn't resist having one made for her. Violet was kind enough to put the shirt on and let me take a picture. She may not understand how important this was for me now but as she gets older, she will. Happy Birthday Violet! Next year Ma will get a shirt for you and one for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment