Friday, November 23, 2018

Putting Up the Christmas Tree

For the past several years, I've decorated the Christmas tree with stuffed animals so Violet and Lincoln wouldn't bother my Hallmark ornaments.
This year I decided to put up the good stuff. I've been collecting these Mom, Son and Daughter ornaments since Hallmark starting making them in the year 2000. Since then I've added the Granddaughter and Grandson ornaments. I've got dated Hallmark ornaments all the way back to 1987 but after putting up over 100 of these ornaments, I decided this was enough. The stuffed animals were much easier but not as pretty.
This is the second year for my train and I hope it makes it to next year with Lincoln's obsession with trains. I need to remember to stock up on batteries!
I still have my menagerie of stuffed animals around the tree. 
I haven't added anything new for quite some time. I saw this Santa climbing a ladder and carrying lights on his back at Target one day. I looked all over Target's Christmas decorations and couldn't find it. Now Trish is sending me the link to Amazon where she found it for sale. Do I pull the trigger and get it? I'm still debating but don't be surprised if it shows up around my tree in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment