Monday, July 30, 2018

Annual Girls Trip to Florida

Another great girls trip to Florida.
Debbie, Robin and I started our vacation at the Mexican restaurant at the airport. They serve the best margaritas using Grand Marnier. Too bad you have to take out a loan to pay for them.
Our first day was outlet mall shopping in Orlando. Probably a good idea since it rained most of the day. Typical Orlando weather.
Then it was off to New Smyrna Beach. The Islander Resort has burgers and hotdogs on Thursdays, so it's a good day to sit by the pool.
After lunch, it's a little Bingo time. Cheap way to spend the afternoon before heading out to our favorite bar and grill for karaoke.
We usually don't plan any sightseeing outings (except for shopping) while we're away. It's more a time for relaxing.
We've been going to Merk's Bar & Grill for several years. Their food is great and the karaoke is hilarious. I'm not a singer and would never get up in front of people and sing. This group of people are strictly "sing in the shower" type people and in my opinion should stay there. Robin and Debbie are good singers and try and coax me to participate especially after a few drinks.
But I can't go away on vacation without an incident. This time I fell trying to navigate my way around the Murphy bed and pull out couch while going to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I fell flat on my face and sported a black eye for the rest of the trip. If anyone mentioned it, I just told them I was in a bar fight. Sounds better than tripping in the dark.
Besides sitting around the pool, we try and plan a few hours to actually sit on the beach.
Like most vacation, they end too soon. I look forward to spending time with these ladies but I always seem to be ready to come home. Then I sit at home and wonder when I'm going to take my next vacation. Cheers to many more years of good times and sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment