Monday, July 16, 2018

A Medical "Annoyance", A Trapped Bunny and Killing Wasps

If you've ever been troubled with "trigger" thumb, you can understand the discomfort this can cause. I went to the orthopedic surgeon this morning to see what could be done to prevent my thumb from locking in either an open or closed position. The surgeon said this was very common and more of an "annoyance" than a life or death situation. 
The treatment was shooting cortisone into the joint at the base of my thumb. The pain from the shot was so intense and the longest 15 seconds of my life. Needless to say, I left the doctor's office in tears from the pain.
When I got home, I noticed a small bunny running around my deck. As I tried to capture a picture of the scared bunny, I realized just how important it was to have the use of your thumb. Mine was numb and swollen from the aforementioned shot. The bunny couldn't find the steps and kept looking over the side of the deck. I'm not sure but I think he jumped to freedom as opposed to using the steps. I was busy picking my phone up off the floor and missed his escape.
Michael stopped by and as we were walking around the house, he noticed a wasp hovering around the bottom of my deck. I wondered where the wasps were coming from since Jamie knocked down all the nests when we painted the house. On further investigation, we found several nests between the joists under the deck. I know the preferred time to attack the nests is either early morning or late evening but I didn't think I could get Michael to come back then. I made him buy an extra can of wasp spray just in case I need to tackle the nests again.

No comments:

Post a Comment