Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas 2017

Violet and Lincoln really hauled in the goodies that Santa left them.
They were so exciting waking up Christmas morning but they had to wait until Jamie got home from work before tearing into their treasures.
Violet finally got her American Girl Doll. Her name is Mia, she's 4 years old and her birthday is the same as Violet's. We'll be taking a trip to the American Girl Doll store in Chicago for Violet and Mia's birthdays in March.
Lincoln will now be king of the block with his new big wheel.
And keeping with tradition, Lola was caught sneaking into her stocking before it was time to open presents.
Back at my house I'm fighting a 99.8 degree fever trying to prepare dinner. Thank goodness I had help.
Violet's showing off her new kitten slippers while new puppy, Kali, looks on.
Melissa got me the most unique gift. It's my "Ma" t-shirt established in 2013 when Violet was born.
It's pretty rare to get a picture of Michael and Melissa together.
Michael was having fun with his Snapchat photos adding Santa hats to himself and Jamie.
Violet's showing off her tent from Karen. Notice all the mess. We tried to keep up with all the discarded wrapping paper.
Lincoln was over by the fireplace opening his gifts and creating his own little mess.
Karen gave me, Violet and Lincoln a gingerbread house to put together for next year. I convinced Melissa to take it home.
Teresa was a big help in the kitchen helping to prepare the barbecue feast. By the way, the brisket and ribs were great. Too bad about the pulled pork. My crockpot didn't quite cook the pork. Maybe I should add that to my Christmas list for next year.
Dexter and Kali added a bit of excitement this year. Nothing like having brand new puppies roaming around.
Lola and Khloe weren't too happy. They figured out if they stayed on the couch, the puppies couldn't get to them.
This was actually taken before Violet started unwrapping presents. I don't think she took a break once she got started.
Both Violet and Lincoln got snow suits and boots. A day too late for the snow but with the weather we're having, I'm sure they'll be put to good use.
Lincoln got excited every time he opened a package whether it was the Hot Wheels race track or the tube of toothpaste.
But finally it all had to come to an end. When Violet got home she put Mia down to sleep with her new Mimi and Violet's kitty. Violet even let her use her pillow!
I'm always so flustered on Christmas day missing most of what's going. Karen gave me these Santa socks. So for the rest of the evening I kicked back, put my feet up and started thinking about what to get everyone for Christmas next year. My brain never shuts down. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment