Friday, November 28, 2014

Un-Traditional Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was a first - I did not cook Thanksgiving dinner nor did anyone in my family. Instead we all went to Harrah's and had a great steak dinner. Dad and I were talking on our way to Harrah's and in our 140+ years combined, we have never had a Thanksgiving dinner where we weren't at someone's house. But when you think about it most restaurants - even McDonald's - were always closed on Thanksgiving. With all the people having Black Friday shopping on their minds, home-cooked Thanksgiving dinner may be a thing of the past. Michael even said that the line for the buffet at Harrah's wound around to the convention center most of the day.
Violet started out a little tired at the beginning of dinner but when the macaroni and cheese arrived she was ready to go. There was one little mishap where the busboy dropped the dirty dishes down Dad's back (he wasn't hurt, just a little messy). And Dad got a coupon for $10 for his inconvenience.
After dinner I took the opportunity to take a few pictures hoping to get something good for my Christmas card. I started out with just me and Violet then realized squatting next to her wasn't my best pose.
About 30 minutes later I had my pictures and Michael took our group selfie. We may have just started a new tradition for Thanksgiving. But today I'm paying the consequences - no leftovers to snack on.

No comments:

Post a Comment