Saturday, November 15, 2014

Jamie - Refrigerator Repairman

I can add another talent to Jamie's list - refrigerator repairman. My refrigerator started making popping noises and the lights on the digital panel began blinking. I immediately called Jamie thinking he could fix it over the phone. The popping noise was caused by the ice maker door opening and closing. As I was waiting for Jamie to return my call I thought I'd brilliantly fix that by propping that little closure open. After spending 30 seconds trying to get my hand free from that death trap, Jamie called me back and told me to unplug the refrigerator. I was frantic that my food would spoil until he quickly reminded me that I had a refrigerator downstairs. Is it the memory that goes first? Anyway I got online and ordered what I thought was the right part. Nope - didn't fix the problem. Thinking it was a defective part I called the company and they sent me another of the same part. This company's policy is "no returns on installed parts". I asked the customer service representative how I knew if I was ordering the correct part. She told me to call a local repairman and ask him. So Monday morning I was on the phone with the repairman. He told me I had the wrong part and I needed the main control board. I asked if he could repair that and he told me if he came out and did it the cost would be 3 times what I could do myself. So again I got online to the place he recommended - repairclinic.com - ordered the part and 3 days later it arrived.
Last night Jamie came over, installed the part, programmed the part and my refrigerator has been cooling ever since. For a few days I didn't mind going downstairs to get things out of the refrigerator. I thought of it as my exercise program. But after a while that got really old. You just don't realize how important an appliance is until you don't have it. Thanks Jamie!

No comments:

Post a Comment