Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

For the past several years I've been making Thanksgiving dinner. There's the traditional turkey and dressing (Grandma Eddie style), mashed and sweet potatoes, green beans, corn pudding, jello salad (thanks Karen), cranberries and rolls. Karen even brings a tasty dessert. But I'm getting to the point where something always seems to go wrong. Last year the turkey wasn't done so we put slices of it in the microwave and tried to eat turkey jerky - it was so overcooked. This year the turkey was perfectly cooked but the dressing was not cooked. And the dressing is the best part. So I quickly turned on my Master Chef mind and threw the dressing in a skillet. Besides being a bit burnt from trying to cook it so fast, it was pretty tasty.

I also took advantage of both Michael and Jamie being home and had them put up my Christmas lights and outdoor decorations. Then I made everyone dress up so I could get a family picture for my Christmas cards (picture to be revealed at a later date).
But we also took a few pictures of Michael and Violet.
Melissa and Violet.
The Taylor family (Khloe and Lola were hiding).
And Michael and Dad.
But, of course, Violet stole the show with the best picture of all.

Next year it's either dinner at Melissa and Jamie's new house (hopefully it will be completed by then) or we go to Harrah's buffet!

No comments:

Post a Comment