Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas 2013

Christmas is my favorite holiday. You can tell by the decorations around the tree and along the wall that I go a little overboard on the decorations. It all started about 12 years ago with a little white stuffed dog with a green stocking cap lying under the tree. It was so cute that the next year I added more stuffed animals. My intention was to add ONE Christmas character each year. But things got a little away from me. This year as I was decorating the tree and putting out the characters, I swore I was going to downsize for next year. But the more I think about it the more I think who do I get rid of? Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Snoopy and Woodstock? Rudolph and the other 8 reindeer? My Hallmark snowmen creations? The penguin on the sleigh singing "Just hear those sleigh bells jingling..."? This year I did restrain myself and did not buy one thing to add to my menagerie. But Karen contributed to my addiction and gave me a fiber optic Santa - it's standing on the cabinet under the television.
One of the best things was waking up Christmas morning knowing Melissa, Jamie and Violet were with me. They did have their own Christmas tree in their downstairs apartment so they could experience Violet's first Christmas.
And even though Michael did not spend the night, he and Ashley came to join in the festivities.
I was also surprised to receive a text from Michele wanting to come to Kanas City to watch Violet open her presents. It's not often that the four sisters are together.
But all eyes were focused on Violet. Since she wants to walk all the time holding on to your fingers, I thought I'd get her a stroller that she could use to support herself while she cruises through the house.
If you close your eyes and think of Dad while you watch this video, there's not much difference between the two. Both Dad and Violet cruise around quite well holding their respective "walkers"!

No comments:

Post a Comment