Sunday, December 1, 2013

Jamie and Melissa Date #2 Post Baby

Last night I gave my Mavericks ticket to Melissa and volunteered to babysit Violet while they went to the hockey game. Melissa put Violet to sleep in my bed before she left but was terrified that Violet would wake up while she was gone. But the event center is 10 minutes away and I promised to call if she woke up.
Wouldn't you know the game went into overtime and then a shootout. This time the Mavericks lost and I swear Melissa and Jamie were home within 10 minutes of the game being over (I was listening to it on my computer). But Violet was still sleeping. Best babysitting job I ever had.

Now there was the problem of what to do with sleeping Violet. We had a couple of options. 1 - we could leave her in my bed and I could sleep on the couch. But that was quickly nixed since none of us would be able to hear if Violet woke up. 2 - Melissa could get in my bed with Violet and I could sleep on the couch. But Melissa didn't want to spend most of the night awake with me snoring on the couch. 3 - Melissa could pick Violet up and take her to her own bed. Although number 3 was the winner, Melissa had a bit of trouble getting Violet back to sleep. That's probably why they say never wake a sleeping baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment