Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Two Stepping

Jamie and Melissa's friend, Aaron, came over the other day and told us he went to Whiskey Tango on Tuesday nights to take two step lessons. Whiskey Tango is a country western bar in Grain Valley. I keep telling myself I want to get out of the house more so I told Aaron I wanted to go sometime. Well tonight was sometime. Jamie was off so I convinced Melissa to let him go with me.
I must be out of my mind. This was a lot like an aerobics class but much more fun. After a quick lesson on the step - quick, quick, slow, slow - Jamie and I two-stepped around and around the dance floor. Most of the time our quick, quick, slow, slow was off count. At one point the instructor came over and took Jamie for a one-on-one lesson. Aaron came by and asked what the problem was. I told him Jamie had detention.

Then we switched partners. I danced with Aaron and then with Aaron's friend, Glen. Now Glen is a pro two-stepper and he tried to teach me turns and spins. I tried to keep up but I kept stepping on his toes.
I don't think I'm quite ready for Dancing with the Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment