Sunday, September 8, 2013

40th Year High School Reunion

Last night was my 40th Year High School Reunion. Approximately 90 out of 500 classmates attended. The event was held at the Ararat Shrine Temple in Kansas City. Not my favorite place and in an extremely bad part of town. The area is so uncertain that when we left there was a police car in the parking lot with it's lights on and two security guards followed us to our car in a golf cart.

As we walked through the front door, the first thing I saw was two wheel chairs. Then my friend Jamie made a comment  - "who are all these old people?" In my mind I'm still that 18 year old cheerleader. It's only when I look in the mirror that I realize time has gone by.

As I thought, I didn't recognize too many people. Almost everyone was greeting people by first glancing at their name tags then saying "You look great." Most heard response - "So do you". It seemed as though the women were easier to recognize than the men.
I didn't take any pictures but there were a few pictures posted on Facebook. This is me, my best friend Jamie and Tammy. I found out a few years ago that Tammy's mom and my mom were good friends. They both worked for the City of Independence.

The reunion committee had a photo booth. I convinced my friends Jana, Jamie and John to pose with me. This is a picture of a picture but the scanned picture didn't look much better.

But Melissa made the best comment of all. She thinks I look much younger than my friends. I love her so much!!

Would I go to the next one? Probably. It wasn't a bad experience but I was home and in bed by 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment