Sunday, September 15, 2013

Go Chiefs! Big Win for Home Opener

Being a Seven Star member at Harrah's has its perks!
One of them being free tickets to the Chiefs game. I selected the Dallas game. Not because it was the home opener but because I wouldn't have to wear three layers of clothes to fight the freezing cold.
The day started with my own tailgate party with Violet. She got to wear her Chiefs shirt that Karen got her when she was born. By the way Karen if you're reading this, by the time the Chiefs get to mid season, Violet will need another shirt in order to be a part of Red Friday (hint, hint).
Then it was off to the game with Karen. But my thoughts of good weather were quickly squashed when we arrived and it started to rain. So instead of sitting in the rain waiting for the game to begin, Karen and I decided to get something to eat and drink. Now I knew things would be a little pricey, but I was floored when the total was just under $35 for a hamburger and fries, hot dog, beer and coke. Can you believe the girl behind the counter asked for my ID? I was extremely flattered until she said everyone who bought beer had to show ID. In my mind she was unsure of my age.

I sent a text to Melissa telling her it was raining. She texted back telling me to buy a poncho. Karen quickly said "no" telling me we'd probably have to mortgage the house in order to afford one.

Remember when you were young and enjoyed the enthusiasm of crowds and loud noises at sporting events? Well Karen and I left just before half time. We'd had all the fun we could stand. The rain had stopped but it was getting a bit stifling with so many bodies crammed together. So we started the long hike up the hill to Taco Bell where our chauffeur (Dad) was picking us up.
If you notice Dad's eyes are closed. But that's okay because that's how he drives anyway. I got home in time to see the end of the game. The Chiefs beat Dallas 17-16. Go Chiefs!

No comments:

Post a Comment