Saturday, August 31, 2013

Violet's First Bite

One of the good things about living with Melissa, Jamie and Violet is that I get to witness firsts.
Today Violet had her first taste of rice cereal...I mean "organic" rice cereal. Although she didn't eat much she seemed to enjoy it.
After the second bite you can see her shudder a bit. It was so cute. Personally I'd add a little apple sauce to make it taste better. Even Melissa said it tasted a bit like throw up. But I don't think the book says you should do that and Melissa likes to follow the book.

I can remember with Michael, I went step by step. First rice cereal, then oatmeal. Slowly introduce the fruits and vegetables checking for any allergic reactions. With Melissa, I smashed up the leftovers on my plate and fed them to her. They both grew up strong and healthy so I couldn't have done anything too bad.
And then we caught Lola licking the leftovers off the bib. She didn't seem to mind the throw up taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment