Friday, August 9, 2013

Happy Birthday Brian - Number 1 Son, Grandson, Nephew and Cousin

Dad, most of the time, refers to his children and grandchildren and now great granddaughter by numbers. Michele is number 1, I'm number 2, Karen is number 3, and Teresa is number 4. It's not unusual to go with Dad to one of his Railway events and have some elderly gentleman call out "Are you number 2?" I just smile and nod my head. Dad's grandchildren have numbers - although this can be a bit confusing unless you know Dad. Brian is number 1 grandson and Michael is number 2 grandson. But Melissa is also a number 1 granddaughter while Courtney is number 2 granddaughter even though Melissa and Courtney are numbers 3 and 4 in grandchildren order. Now Violet is number 1 great granddaughter.

But Brian is also number 1 son born to my number 1 sister, Michele, who is the number 1 daughter born to my number 1 Mother who was Grandma Vi's number 1 daughter. Confused yet? I really don't know where I'm going with this except to say "Happy Birthday, Brian!" I can't believe you're 35 today, but then I can't believe I have a 32 year old son and a 30 year old daughter and a granddaughter. Yikes! Again, I digress.
 Happy Birthday, Brian. I hope your day is filled with fun and excitement. If you happen to find yourself traveling around the country and come close to Kansas City, stop by and I'll take you to dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment