Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Enough of the Beach

Dauphin Island didn't quite turn out to be the vacation Melissa and Jamie thought it might be so they decided to head home by way of Birmingham, Alabama.

Long car rides aren't exactly Violet's favorite, so Dad stops so Violet can get out of her car seat and stretch.
But once they're back on the road, she can't help but fall asleep.
Once they get to their hotel in Birmingham, Violet wants to go to the hotel pool so she shows off her new swimsuit. Don't tell anyone this is an 18 month size. Melissa just cringes when she hears that. But at least Violet doesn't hunch over when she wears it.
The whole family has a good time at the pool before having dinner, going to bed and heading to Nashville tomorrow.

Back at home I was taking the puppies for their last walk this evening. On our way home this GIANT dog (bigger than me) came charging across the street. I swear I thought it was a horse. I just shut my eyes and turned my back and hoped the dog wouldn't eat me or the puppies. The dog's owner came running outside apologizing and telling me the dog was "very friendly". Khloe got real brave and started barking at the dog which scared me because I thought that would make the dog mad. Lola put her tail between her legs and ran home. I wish I would have had my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment