Friday, June 28, 2013

Basement Remodel

Time for updated pictures of the basement remodel. I thought we were going to have a big set back. Yesterday afternoon after the big storm, there was water in the basement. Between fixing the water heater and plugging the hole where the HVAC pipe enters the basement, I believe the water problem has been solved.
The doors are up and the trim is complete. This is the living area with a door to a small storage closet and the bathroom to the right.
The bathroom is harder to see because there are not lighting fixtures installed yet. The linen closet next to the shower is huge.
Around the corner from the living room is the kitchen. Cabinets have been set and the counter top installed.
Looking from the west side to the east, you can see the kitchen and living room with the bedroom door to the left.
I love the trim around the bedroom window and the walk-in closet has 3 sets of shelves and lots of storage room. I'm not sure if it will hold all Melissa's clothes. I'm sure Jamie is going to have to build a clothes rack in the storage room for his clothes.

I went to Lowes and Home Depot to buy lighting and ceiling fans. My list of things to get was long and I immediately got confused about what I wanted. Jamie gets upset with me and Melissa because we're not visual people. And it doesn't matter what I pick out, it's always the most expensive thing. I'm torn between my champagne taste and beer wallet. After paying several bills for the remodel today - drywall, paint, carpet - I think I'm going to have to find someone to buy my drinks!

1 comment:

  1. The pictures look great. I can see your house is coming along just fine! It seems like women have so many clothes, shoes, and accessories. My wife and I have a walk in closet with tons of extra storage. Good luck with all the remodeling, everything is looking good so far.

    ReplyDelete