Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Adventures of Thelma and Louise (Aka Sonia and Jan)

I left Kansas City bright and early Monday morning heading to Sedalia to pick up Sonia. As soon as I turned south on 65, it started raining. So I hurried down the highway, picked up Sonia at Sacred Heart, and headed to Tunica, MS.

When I got back to I-70, the skies cleared and it was smooth driving to Tunica. The 8 hour drive wasn't bad but it was getting rather long. I didn't think I'd ever get out of Missouri. The drive through Arkansas seemed rather lengthly too but then we hit Tennessee, we blinked and crossed the state line into Mississippi. Then it was a short drive to Tunica. So what did we do once we hit Tunica?


Why had a drink of course. Now those that know me pretty well might have said gambled, but that was shortly after the drink. This picture is a little dark and fuzzy. Sonia blames it on the lighting!

Tuesday morning we leave Tunica in the rain heading for Biloxi, MS. About 20 miles out of Tunica the rain stops, the temperature rises 15 degrees and the skies are once again clear. But if I thought Missouri was a long state, try driving straight down through Mississippi. Now Sonia claimed she didn't feel well, so she hopped in the back seat for a short nap. I became rather bored with the endless highway, but was amazed at the tree lined highway.


In the meantime, Lola was up to her old tricks at home. 



She found another toy of Violet's and proceeded to leave her own special mark. Melissa is beginning to accept the fact that Violet is going to have to share. If you have a chance, take a look through Melissa's diaper bag. There aren't too many things in there that haven't been christened by Lola! 

No comments:

Post a Comment