Monday, May 17, 2021

New Orleans

After being cooped up in the house for over a year and not being able to travel, my friends, Frank and Gloria, talked me into meeting them in New Orleans on their way to Florida from Las Vegas.

Last minute traveling is really not my thing. I need weeks to prepare what to wear, what to do and how to do it. So making airline and hotel reservations last minute put a bit of a strain on me. But it was worth it to see my friends again.

New Orleans is famous for its food and this little cobblestone strip outside the hotel provided everything we could wish for. Dinners of lobster mac & cheese at Ruth Chris, shrimp & fries basket at the Grand Isle and fish & chips at Gordon Biersch rounded out our dining experience.

Would I do it again? Absolutely! I can't believe how much I've missed traveling. Gloria and I are trying to talk Frank into taking us to Paradise Island in the Bahama's for Franks birthday in February. Several months away but worth waiting for!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment