Monday, May 24, 2021

Arthritic Knees

What another thing to look forward to as I get older. I've been having trouble with me knees for the past 2 years and found out I have arthritis in my knees. Usually people with BAD arthritis get steroid shots every 3 months. I've been pretty lucky and only go every 5-7 months.

The nurse practitioner informed me next time I need to make an appointment with the orthopedist in order to continue. Instead of steroid injections, they'll inject a thicker substance to help cushion the joint. The pain from the steroid injection is bad enough. I may have to get Teresa to go with me to hold me down while I get this new shot. I've been this way since I started getting shots as a child. Why should things be any different now. At least I don't need a knee replacement.....not yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment