Sunday, May 23, 2021

Garage Sale

For the past 3 months I have been going through every cabinet and every bin in my storage room trying to get rid of items I don't want to move to my new house. For someone who doesn't keep too many items, I wound up with approximately 35 boxes and bins of stuff I no longer wanted.

It took me another week to arrange things just so as to make it attractive for buyers. What a waste of time. I made things easy for myself and marked 99% of the items at $1.00. People would come in, browse around the tables and leave. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong or if I had things people just weren't interested in.

I finally dropped my price to 2 for a $1.00 and things started flying out of the garage. I guess everyone just wanted a bargain???? Either way I didn't care. There was no way I was taking anything back into the house. If it didn't sell, it was being donated. One lady even commented she felt as though she was stealing from me. How in the world do you steal someone's trash. I told her if it made her feel better, I'd turn my back while she left!

After a day and a half of selling, I wound up with only 7 boxes of items to donate. What a relief. This just confirms that I REALLY don't want a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment