Sunday, October 28, 2018

Chiefs Football and Tailgating

I don't usually go to Chiefs games because I don't like cold weather. My friend from high school was visiting Kansas City from Florida so I thought it might be fun to go to a game.
Another high school friend has been tailgating before the Chiefs games since I can remember and he invited us to tailgate with them. I've never experienced a tailgate party before. From what I could see, it's a bunch of avid Chiefs fans grilling everything from biscuits and gravy to bratwurst and drinking as much as they can before having to pay $12 for a beer inside the stadium.
Some even go as far as to bring decorated cookies to munch on while waiting for the game to start. I was so glad the weather was unseasonably warm for a late October game. We might have started the tailgating in jackets, but ended up in t-shirts.
KC Wolf even made an appearance near our seats.
The best part was meeting up with Michael for the last quarter of the game. Now he's an avid fan. Screaming and yelling and booing along with the rest of the crowd. I still prefer to watch the game from the comfort of my living room couch. No crowd, no noise and no traffic congestion to get home. By the way, the Chiefs beat the Denver Broncos 30-23!

No comments:

Post a Comment