Friday, September 28, 2018

My New Gardener - Lincoln!

Melissa had parent duty at Violet's school so Lincoln came to spend a few hours with me.
We started with play doh. Lincoln had these pictures of a dolphin, dinosaur, dog and other creatures and wanted me to help him create one. He picked the wrong person. I have a hard enough time just trying to get the play doh out of the container. We ended up with what we'll call a dog. He was happy with it so that's all that matters.
Entertaining an almost 3 year old can be quite taxing. His attention span usually lasts around 5-10 minutes. So I loaded him up and we went to the grocery store. Picking out Halloween treats was his favorite. When we got back to my house there was still another couple hours before Melissa would be back. Lincoln loves to play outside so we did yard work. I couldn't stop giggling at Lincoln's enthusiasm to help cut down bushes and pull weeds.
Luckily Melissa came home just as we were finishing the yard work. I don't know what else I would have done to entertain him. Whatever I did was worth it for Melissa because he passed out within minutes of heading home. I can relate very well with Lincoln. He's a second child just like me - full of energy and a bubbly personality!

No comments:

Post a Comment