Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Day 8 - We Did It!

After 8 days and a little over 40 hours, Michael and I have successfully finished tiling the basement. And it looks beautiful.
Most people who do a DIY tile laying project, usually start with a small bathroom. Not me! I have to tackle an 850 square foot basement. But it was worth every sore muscle, aching knees and rough dry hands. I also ruined 2 pairs of my comfy, lay around the house pants.
I love the transition from the 17x17 grey tiles to the 12x24 lighter tiles in the kitchen area.
The transition continues into the bedroom and bathroom.
Even though the quarter round still needs to go down, the doors hung and the toilet set, I couldn't wait to add the carpet touches to the bedroom. My Black Friday shopping will be on the internet searching for great deals on area rugs for the living area. Would I do it again? NO!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment