Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Basement Tile Project - Day 3

The day barely started and I was already dreading our third day of laying tile.
As Michael and I walked around the basement admiring our handiwork, we cracked a tile...
And found a couple of loose tiles. Apparently the mortar had set a little too long before we got around to laying these pieces.
But we didn't let those little set backs stop us from completing the main area of the basement. We purposely didn't lay tiles by the doors. We're waiting for Jamie to come trim the door jams.
I was real proud of myself on the cuts I made for the pieces right by the stairs.
Just to prove Michael wasn't the only one working, I had him take a picture of me laying tile.
While I cleaned up, Michael prepped the area so we could replace the tiles we cracked. Some of this was my fault for not pressing down hard enough. Some of the fault can be placed on the slight unevenness of the floor.
I thought it was funny that we appear to have as much mortar on our clothes as there is on the floor. Even though I'm spending the rest of the evening recovering (it takes longer each day) I'm extremely impressed by the beauty of our work. Now I can rest for 4 days before we start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment