Monday, December 8, 2014

Violet Gets Locked in the Car

Melissa and Violet came to visit me today. Soon after they walked out to leave I hear Melissa banging on the front door. I rushed outside and she tells me Violet is locked in the car.
While Melissa was walking outside she saw some neighbors walking their dog. Instead of chasing after Khloe and Lola, she scooped up both dogs and put them in the car. She started the car to get it warm then proceeded to put Violet in her car seat. As soon as she shut the car door both dogs started barking and jumping by the window to see the neighbor's dog walking past my house. Before Melissa could get to the driver's door she heard a "click". One of the dogs had jumped on the door lock button and the dogs and Violet were locked in the car with the keys in the ignition. What a nightmare! She called Jamie who was working at Lone Jack. Luckily there were no fire calls and he was able to come and open the car door using a plastic wedge, blood pressure cuff and metal rod. It was rather interesting.
Melissa and I tried to keep Violet entertained through the window while waiting the 30 minutes for Jamie to show up. We were even trying to get her to roll down the window but she was strapped in her car sear and couldn't reach the button. But she did understand what we were telling her. She finally got bored and fell asleep as did Khloe and Lola. I don't think Violet will suffer any nightmares or trauma because of this experience but I'm not so sure about Melissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment