Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Karen the Bird

I have a bird feeder on my deck and there's this red-headed sparrow that has been coming to feed all summer long. It is a regular brown sparrow except for it's bright red head. Melissa and I call the bird Karen because of the red head.
It's a little hard to see but I had to take the picture through the screen. Otherwise Karen flies away. Now Karen (the bird) sits most of the day guarding the bird feeder and chasing away all the other birds who try to get something to eat. Which really isn't like Karen (my sister) at all. Unless she's tired of cleaning up after the other birds eat. I do see the bird cleaning up all the shells the other birds have dropped. I guess that would make me mad too if I was constantly cleaning up after everyone. Thanks for the help Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment