Sunday, October 26, 2014

CHIEFS!!!!!

Here it is the end of October and I have a sunburn.
Karen and I went to the Chiefs game today and the temperature was 85 degrees. Plus our seats were in the blazing sun.
Dad dropped us off at the gate and we walked and we walked and we walked to the other side of the stadium to meet up with friends from high school - Nancy and Todd Walters and their daughter Paige. We didn't get there until 11:00 - Todd had been there since 7:30 a.m. So we were a little late getting any food.
I see this guy all the time in Chiefs game pictures. As it turns out I also went to high school with him - Monte Short. It's a little hard to see but there are arrows sticking out of the opposing team's jersey. His take on being a Chiefs fan.
My other goal for the day was to find Marlo Gerber Simpson. Marlo and her family lived across the street from us when we were growing up. I spent many a night babysitting Marlo and her older brother and sister.

Karen and I left during the middle of the third quarter. There was such a big crowd and with Dad picking us up I didn't want to get caught in the rush to leave. Karen had a sore foot so we found a courtesy golf cart that dropped us off at the gate so our walk back was much shorter. By the way the Chiefs won against the St Louis Rams - 34-7. Not much of a knuckle biter!

No comments:

Post a Comment