Sunday, November 13, 2022

Lincoln"s Football Watch Birthday Party

Lincoln's 7th birthday started on Sunday with a football watch party.
The garage was set up with games and tables for the kids while the adults could watch the Chiefs game in the living room. A wonderful idea until the kids got bored with outdoor games and decided to invade the living room.
But kids are kids and their attention spans run wild. So there were several moments when the house was quiet.
There was a good mix of adults and kids but it still seemed as though there were more kids than adults. What did I expect for Lincoln's birthday party?
Then the house was invaded again with kids to open gifts. It was funny to watch Lincoln open gifts and gush over those he really liked and toss aside the ones he wasn't quite fond of. That's why I had him open my gifts before the party began. I bought him clothes and made him a new afghan, red, white, blue and green just as he asked. That was 2 minutes of excitement...for me that is.
Cupcake and cookies were the birthday treats and I got my yearly theme picture of Lincoln blowing out his candle.
I must say Jamie and Melissa do put on a great party. I just wish there weren't so many kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment