Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Inside Christmas Decorations

Before I moved to my new home, I sold about 75% of the Christmas decorations I'd accumulated in the past, I don't even know how many years.
There were some things I couldn't part with and I'm so glad I didn't let them go. I've had this set of Hallmark reindeer - Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen AND Rudolph! They usually sat around my tree. This year I bought fiber optic lights and decorated my mantle with the reindeer and stockings.
I also got custom made name tags for the stockings made out of wood.
For the past 21 years I've been collecting Mom, Son and Daughter dated ornaments adding Granddaughter in 2013 and Grandson in 2015. There's so many that I can only put 10 year's worth on the tree without completely overloading it. Notice instead of garland I use Mardi Gras beads and stuff the tree with extra greenery.
There's also a Mother/Daughter ornament. If there was a Mother/Son ornament, I would have that too.
Instead of a traditional angel or star tree topper, I found this Happy Holidays wood stick sign.
I've had this ladder going up the side of the tree with 2 wooden elves that my Mom and Dad made many, many years ago. One of the elves is missing a leg and the other has a broken hand. Even though I can't throw them away (they're in storage) I decided to put my Snoopy characters going up the ladder.
Now if I can stay out of Michaels and any other store with Christmas decorations, I should be done with decorating for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment