Saturday, October 1, 2022

Pumpkin Patch

Tis the season for pumpkin patches.

I went with the kids to visit the Pumpkin Patch in Lone Jack. Melissa said the price to enter was one of the cheapest around the city. While $15 doesn't seem like a lot of money since you don't pay for any of the attractions inside but when you pay for 6 people it adds up. I personally don't think they should charge adults since everything inside is geared towards children.

But that didn't stop me from getting my money's worth. Violet and I started out on the swing together but then she jumped off leaving me to balance on my own.

Then there was the slide fiasco. This is what they call a "rolling" slide. I watched Hazel go down the slide and she slowly bumped down to the end. So when Violet asked me to ride down with her I thought "sure". Never in my wildest dreams did I realize that the more weight on the slide, the faster you go. The video Melissa took was 5 seconds long. Five seconds is an extremely short time to try and figure out what to do when I got to the end of the slide. My only concern was not crushing Hazel. So I opted to just butt flop to the ground. A 5 inch drop to the ground might seem like not much unless you're an old woman who felt every bit of the 5 inches the next day.

Not sure how many more Pumpkin Patch visits I'll make this year but I'll certainly consider the consequences before hand......NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment