Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Yard Art and Flowers

I've had my spring flowers planted for some time now but it took almost a month to get around to resealing my concrete curbing to make the pictures and yard look better.
My favorite flowers are petunias. They're easy to maintain, smell great and last all summer long...that is if I don't forget to water them during the hottest time of the year. I've cut down on most of my yard art. My favorite is still my bird bath with holes on the side to plant flowers. I'm a little partial to my chairs and bicycle and love the bench Michael and Melissa gave me for Mother's Day many years ago (concrete bench is in the lower picture on the left).
I added a new window box this year for the back deck. I thought it might bring more hummingbirds to the feeder hanging to the left. Hummingbirds are very territorial. There's 2 birds that hang around that feeder and they pretty much chase away any other bird that tries to drink their nectar.
My other new addition is this cute downspout cover. It's hard to tell but it's a bridge with hummingbirds on it. As the stores continue to open up, I may have to add a few more pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment