Saturday, June 6, 2020

Taylor's Trip to Florida - Me with the Dogs

The Taylors decided to escape the covid chaos in Missouri and head to Florida for a week which meant I had dog duty. To be honest, I was asked to go with them. I got to thinking...16 hours in a car with 3 kids, a neurotic daughter, a son-in-law with more energy than the 3 kids and the unknown of the virus rules in other states; I chose the dogs.
First I had to "puppy proof" the deck. Khloe is small enough to slip through the slats by the gate so my deck got the "ghetto" look.
I always make special dog food for Khloe and Lola instead of their regular chicken and vegetables. Mine has bacon! Lola was so excited while I was cooking, she spent the entire morning under the table just waiting for dinner time.
In the meantime, the trip to Florida was a success. Hazel was fascinated with the view of the pool from the balcony.
They played miniature golf...
Rode go-karts....
And spent many hours at the beach.
A week is a long time to watch the dogs when you're not used to that much responsibility.  It got to the point where even Lola and Khloe were tired of taking walks around the block. But it was all worth it to see these smiling faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment