Sunday, December 1, 2019

Surprise Birthday Party

I had a feeling Melissa and Michael were going to throw me a surprise party for my 65th birthday. There were just too many things that seemed out of the ordinary.
But as I was walking into the restaurant at Harrah's, I wasn't even thinking about a party. I was looking for Violet and Lincoln.
I was totally surprised not so much by the party but by the people who showed up. I just left Michele in Chicago and there she was along with family and friends.
I had told Violet earlier in the week that I didn't want Melissa to put 65 candles on my cake. I didn't need to set off the fire system with that many candles. 
But the cake was beautiful and Violet helped me blow out the candles.
I can't begin to thank everyone who came and the effort put into planning this. Surprise parties are extremely overwhelming and stressful hopping from table to table to visit with everyone. I definitely needed a nap after the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment