Sunday, December 22, 2019

An Old Time Christmas at Silver Dollar City

Watching all the commercials about Silver Dollar City made me want to go see it for myself.
With Melissa, Jamie and Hazel in one car and me, Michael, Violet and Lincoln in my car, we headed south to Branson.
While the kids visited with their Springfield family, I headed to the Mexican Villa. I haven't been to the Mexican Villa for over 30 years. I remember it as being the best place for Mexican food. While the burrito was still ooey, gooey and cheesy, it wasn't as good as I remember.
We joined back up at the hotel in Branson then headed for Silver Dollar City. Melissa, Jamie and the kids have been so often that they have season passes but for Michael and I, it was our first time.
So many photo opportunities even before we made it to the entrance gate.

Once inside it's like walking into a live Christmas setting. There are no lights other than the glow from the hundreds of thousands of Christmas lights.
It wasn't as cold as you might think for December...no wind and temperatures in the 40's. Poor Hazel had a cold but no crying at Christmas!
There were a few rides and activities for the kids but mostly light displays.
Michael, Melissa and I laughed as Jamie took Violet and Lincoln on a few high flying rides. I knew it had to be freezing up on that ride but the kids (even Jamie) loved it.
This has to be my favorite picture of the night...trying to get a family picture of the Taylor's with a little photo bomb from Michael.

While Michael thought he'd be funny with the picture of him and Melissa (retake without the tongue just for me)...
I was able to get a picture of the 3 of us (including Hazel).
While Christmas may be for kids, I count this as another item to mark off my bucket list and another travel trip for 2019. 
If you've never been to Silver Dollar City to see the Christmas lights, I highly recommend it. A little expensive but well worth the memories.
After a brief stop at the outlet mall on Saturday (brief because my legs were killing me from the 5 miles I walked at Silver Dollar City), we headed to Ozark, MO for lunch at Lambert's - the place where they throw the rolls. The waiters at Lambert's walk around serving side dishes while you wait for your food. I don't know why I ordered anything. The rolls and sides filled me up.
It's been a long time since we've taken a family vacation and this one was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment