Sunday, January 6, 2019

January Fitness Challenge

Michele and I are constantly trying to figure ways to stay in shape and lose weight.
Our January challenge is to walk 250,000 steps - not such an easy task considering I hate walking outside in the cold. Michele took off running January 1 while I limped along for a couple of days before realizing I had to get in a little over 8,000 steps a day. I also added for myself a daily exercise routine choosing from 20 minutes on the elliptical, a YouTube walking video, Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies", weight lifting, roll the exercise dice and resistance exercise bands.
I took advantage of the nice weather yesterday and decided to take a walk. All the Christmas decorations are down but I did run across a hub cap someone so nicely placed by the mailbox. Not wanting to look at the same houses in my neighborhood I always see, I headed to the Jackson County trail behind my subdivision. Bad idea. The trail is partially paved and partial gravel. The gravel part was so muddy and slick it was easier to walk in the grass. I wonder if the county puts down new gravel in the Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment