Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Eve

Michael and I went to Melissa and Jamie's new house for Christmas Eve. While I cooked a turkey and dressing, mashed potato and gravy dinner, Melissa watched and took notes so she'd be able to do it on her own....some day! I've been making Grandma Eddy's turkey dressing for so many years that I wasn't able to "tell" Melissa exactly how to make it over the phone. I had to show her. Even though the turkey was somewhat dry, the dressing was great as was the entire meal.
While dinner was cooking, Trish dropped by with presents for Violet and Lincoln.
After dinner it was over to the tree so we could all open a few pre-Christmas packages.
I've been getting Violet and Lincoln toys and games like the ones Michael and Melissa played with as kids. Violet got Lite Brite (which she dearly loves), Connect 4 and a Spirograph. Lincoln got transformers, dinosaurs and Peppa Pig.
After Michael and I left, Violet and Lincoln got ready for Santa's arrival. They set out cookies...
and scattered reindeer food for Rudolf and his reindeer pals.
Even Khloe was mesmerized with the smell other new bones and didn't want to wait until Christmas morning. It's almost the end of the year and I'm already starting my Christmas list for next year. Let's hope Violet and Lincoln can stay on the "Nice" list with a new baby coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment