Sunday, December 6, 2015

Living in the 60's

When I say "living in the 60's", I'm not referring to the 1960's. Not everyone can say they are living at an age when they lived in the decade. For instance my kids will be in their 80's before they can make that statement.
The advancement of technology has made it much simpler to keep track of not only major events, but day to day activities. Where we used to whip out our Brownie cameras, snap a picture, then take our roll of film to a developer and wait a week to get our memories, we can now just take a picture with our phones and share instantly to Facebook or some other form of social media. And for those times when you need to take a picture but don't have someone to take it for you, there's the selfie stick.
I played with my new selfie stick trying to figure out how to pose then push the button without looking like I was thinking about pushing the button. I'm also showing off my new "Gas Monkey" shirt that I got from Melissa and Jamie. It may be a little big but I'll never admit it because Jamie will be first in line to literally take the shirt right off my back.
Michele and her family came to Kansas City. I'd like to say it was specifically for my birthday, but Michele's conference in Kansas City sort of coincided with the day. Dad wanted a picture of the grandkids recreated. I think the top picture was taken 27 or 28 years ago.
With all the chaos there was still a little time for opening birthday gifts. Michele made me a Grandma Book for Lincoln. I promised I would complete it plus the one I received when Violet was born.
One last birthday dinner before everyone had to leave. They say 60 is the new 30...or is it 40? In my head I don't feel like I'm 61, but my body usually wins that argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment