Friday, November 27, 2015

Family Thanksgiving

For the past several years we've spent Thanksgiving at Harrah's. Partly because Michael is working and partly because I'm tired of cooking.
But this Thanksgiving seemed to be different. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I miss cooking the turkey, eating my Grandmother's famous dressing and having leftovers.
I certainly don't miss the clean up.
Now that Violet's getting older and Lincoln is here the ease of going to the buffet is not as great as having the family sit around the house. You usually only get one opportunity to get a good picture of Violet. I could barely have conversations with all the noise in the restaurant.
Plus Lincoln was stuck in his carrier.
The only way I was going to get the Taylors in a picture together was to Photoshop everyone in. And forget trying to get a picture of all of us.
With everyone's work schedules not being the typical 9 to 5, Thanksgiving may have to be on a different day and we may have to have turkey for breakfast or a midnight snack. I say this now probably because I'm hungry and craving a leftover turkey sandwich. We'll see what happens next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment