Friday, July 31, 2015

Starlight Theater - Mary Poppins

My friends from high school, Jamie and John, invited me to go to Starlight last night to see Mary Poppins.
John is part of the "Producer's Circle" which means he has premium seats to all the shows. There was a dinner and backstage tour before the show but we were a little late and missed the tour.
I don't quite remember all the parts of Mary Poppins and the actors were a bit exaggerating but it was a good show. Mary Poppins even flew through the air across all the seats to the back of the theater at the end of the performance. I was so mesmerized by her flying that I forgot to take a picture. The temperature in Kansas City has been extremely hot the past few weeks but last night it was rather cool. Also sitting so close to the stage (our seats were in the third row) there is air conditioning blowing from the vents at the bottom of the stage. The other woman in the picture is John's Mom. She still lives in Manor Oaks and I took her home after the performance. I laughed all the way home while she told me old stories from our high school days. Most of them I didn't remember but I laughed along with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment