Sunday, March 1, 2015

Puppysitting

Last Thursday Jamie, Melissa and Violet went to Big Cedar Lodge near Branson for a firefighter conference. Guess who had the privilege of watching Khloe and Lola? Today my legs ache from the many walks we took around the block. I'm not sure whether or not I'm that out of shape or the bitter cold winds sunk into my old bones. After the first trip around the block I couldn't even take the leashes off the dogs without running my fingers under cold water to get the feeling back into them. But by the last day I was pretty good at bundling up even though it took me about 5 minutes to get all the layers on.
Khloe and Lola loved to sit by the front door and watch to see if their old pals would come strolling by. In the 3 days they were at my house not one dog went by nor did we see any other dogs on the walks. I must be the only stupid one in the neighborhood to take the dogs out for walks on cold February days.

No comments:

Post a Comment