Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Happy Birthday Violet!

I'm not sure who had the most fun today. Violet, Melissa, Jamie, Michael, Ashley or me.
Violet, Jamie, Melissa and I started at Toys R Us, then Slim Chickens, then Build a Bear, then a train ride, then looking at the new puppies (at the store, of course), finishing at Red Robin where Michael and Ashley joined us. Oh yeah, in between shopping and dinner Violet had a quick nap. I don't blame her, I needed a nap too.
We needed to exchange a birthday gift from Josh so we headed to Toys R Us. Josh's tent gift turned into a new Minnie tricycle. Violet's legs are just a bit short but as fast as she grows and as quick as she learns she'll probably be doing wheelies by the end of the week.
Build A Bear was fun for me when Violet was first born and I built her a newborn bear. Gosh was that already 2 years ago? But nothing compares to watching her build her own bear. This is Birthday Bear II. Violet picked out the "Bear" name, Melissa and Jamie added the "Birthday" and I picked the "II" to commemorate her 2nd birthday.
Since no one really wanted to go to the traditional birthday restaurant - Chucky Cheese - (I'm not really sure you can even call it a restaurant) we went to Red Robin.
Violet got her favorite dessert, ice cream, and the wait staff gave her a big birthday shout out. She's giving us her cheesy grin in this picture. Time flies so fast. As Grandpa would say "Only 364 more days until she's 3!" Happy Birthday Violet. "Ma" loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment