Monday, June 9, 2014

Move on Tour - Tunica, MS

I'm a huge fan of Dancing with the Stars so when I heard Derek and Julianne Hough put together a road tour, I quickly checked the website to see where they would be performing. Much to my surprise they were scheduled to appear at the Horseshoe Tunica at the same time I would be passing through on my way back from Florida. Luckily I received an offer for free tickets.
The show was good and I was glad I went but in my opinion they really need to work on their show. I thought there was too much dancing with the entire troupe instead of just them together. I liked that they interacted with the audience and made it more of a performance than just a dance show. It reminded me of the old Donnie and Marie show. They even referred to that at one time.
The venue at Horseshoe is terrible for this type of performance. The floor is level and dining room chairs are set out so close together that it's nearly impossible to get to your seat without stepping on everyone's toes. My seat was in Row K which is about 21 rows from the front when you count the VIP seating in the front section. It was also three rows from the back - small place. The ladies sitting next to me moved right away when they saw the section behind us was a step higher. After intermission they called me over and I watched the second half of the show from there. Much better seats. All in all I'm glad I took the time to see the show. It's even better that the ticket was complimentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment