Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day Number 61

For the past 61 years Dad has heard from at least one person "Happy Father's Day." And today makes no exception. Karen and I took him to breakfast this morning and then spent a little time making some money at Uncle Harry's (that's Harrah's just in case you couldn't figure that out).
Then Teresa and I took him to dinner at DiCarlo's. This picture started out as a selfie but neither Teresa or I could hold the camera and push the button at the same time. The waitress felt sorry for us and offered to take the picture. Dad has had so many Father's Days that Teresa and I, without even knowing it, bought him the same card. I hid mine before he could open Teresa's. We're hoping he doesn't remember. Any, Happy Father's Day, Dad!
I also need to recognize another Dad in my family. Happy Father's Day Jamie. I couldn't have asked for a better man to be the father of my granddaughter. And oh the joys of raising a daughter. You'll have to ask Grandpa for some pointers.
And Violet took advantage of being at the fire station with Dad and drove the fire engine. Maybe she'll follow in her Daddy's footsteps and be a firefighter when she grows up...or maybe a truck driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment