Saturday, April 19, 2014

Security Blanket

Just like Linus in the Peanuts cartoon, Violet doesn't go anywhere without her blanket.
She even carries it around the house, out on the deck, and if you don't hide it, she wants to eat with it. The other day Violet spilled the water out of the dogs' water dish and Melissa had to put her blanket in the dryer. Violet stood by the dryer until it was dry. Melissa wants me to crochet another blanket for her but she wants it just like this one. In all the years I've been crocheting, I've never duplicated a blanket and I don't think I want to start now. I think my next project will be to make Violet what I call a junior afghan - a little bigger than a baby afghan but not as big as one for an adult. I don't think she'll trade in her old one. She'll carry that afghan around until there's nothing left but a few shreds of yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment